I am REALLY struggling with what to post about today. I still have 4 posts to catch up on from last week, too. It's not that I'm not thankful, I have a million and one things to be thankful for. When you're feeling down in the dumps, like I am today, now more than ever would be a good time to count my blessings! I did not sleep well last night, and I think that's the biggest reason I feel the way I do. KayCee has been on one, and I'm about ready to sell her on e-bay!!
So, I got to thinking as I was deciding what my posts should be about for the rest of the month, and I'm TRULY grateful that I was able to have back surgery. I still have some pain, and my back gets tired after a long day, but I am feeling a lot better. I used to not be able to sit through a movie, or get down on the floor and play with my kids. I gained some weight before my surgery because I just didn't move around much, I'm hoping to quickly lose that and more!!
Dr. Nathan is a very smart doctor, and I'm glad I found him! You hear a lot of horror stories about back surgery, and I'm so thankful I'm not one of them! He listens to my concerns, and always has the answer, he understands the pain and healing process and does not expect me to do more than I can.
This is what my fused back looks like! I have some cadaver bone in my back! Surprisingly enough, when I got the hospital bill, that bone was THE MOST expensive thing they charged for!

I am SO thankful for my mom and dad who kept my kids at their house for an entire weekend, I'm thankful for a mom that came and visited me and sent me flowers, that came to my house several times a week after I got home and helped me when Drew had to work. There is NO WAY I would've survived this without her! I'm thankful for a husband who works hard so that we have really great insurance, and my almost $100,000 back surgery only cost us $270. I appreciate how he stepped up in helping with the kids, and the cooking; cleaning still wasn't a priority for him, but I'll take what I can get :) I'm thankful for the priesthood blessings from my husband, and from ward members. I'm thankful for the meals that were brought in. For friends that came to see me, or called, or texted to see how I was doing. Several nights I've cried myself to sleep thinking I made a huge mistake, and I was never going to be pain free, but I know I made the right decision, and I get stronger and stronger every day. I will get this weight off, and my goal is to be able to run a 5K next summer.
2 comments:
i still can't believe you had the surgery. the last time i saw you was at the concert. life has been a blur since then. you have amazing people in your life and so much to be thankful for! i am thankful that we are still friends even though i wasn't one of the people that brought in dinner or came to visit during your back brace time. my measly little texts will have to do. know i still love ya. :)
I am so out of shape and would love to be able to run a 5k! I think we should make it our goal to run that bitch together!!
Post a Comment