The Chosen One
By Wendy Silva
An empty space that needed a child
to love in order to be fulfilled.
Then we saw you, and knew that
together a family we could build.
When you entered our home laughter
replaced the silence and harmony filled the air.
It was hard to imagine all the prayers and
sleepless nights, but finally you were there.
We were meant to be together no
matter what circumstances arose.
Because you, my precious one,
are the child that was chose.
Friday, February 5th, was the 7th anniversary of the day we got Carter. I still remember getting the call from DCFS that we had been selected as 1 of the 3 possible families for a little boy that had just turned 3. About a week later they called us and said we'd been selected. His caseworker brought a picture of him to our house the night before we got him. I saw that picture and knew I was looking at my little boy, my son. Drew and I took the picture over to show my mom and dad. They both looked at the picture and instantly fell in love with him. He looked so sad in the picture. But the next day Drew and I went and picked him up from the shelter home.When we got there the shelter mom asked him, "Carter, do you remember who I said was coming today?" He said, "My mom and dad."
I picked him up and he wrapped his arms around my neck and said, "I missed you."
We got home and he ran around the house touching all the walls and saying, "My house." He knew he was meant to be there.
That night my mom and dad came over for dinner. We were laughing and joking, and then in his little squeaky voice, Carter said, "I'm glad I came home." We all lost it and told him we were glad he came home, too.
I'm so grateful for this little guy.
I don't know where the time has gone.
He was definitely meant to be my little boy, he was definitely the child that was chose.
The first time I took Carter to church
XO XO XO


3 comments:
Wow! What a sweet story!! I'm so happy you have you're cute little boy!!
That is such an awesome story. Thanks for sharing it.
sniff. sniff. he is such a sweet little boy and you are such a great mom. we're so blessed!
Post a Comment