Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sports Day!

Friday, May 20th, was KayCee's Sports Day for school!
It was basically the Special Olympics for the Jordan School District.
The weather was yucky, so instead of being outside, it was held in the gym of West Jordan High.
It was hot and a little chaotic, but I'm SO glad I was able to get the time off work to go!
What a neat experience!
I was sure proud of my girl!

Before the kids in KayCee's class boarded the bus, the entire school came out in to the halls to send them off.  KayCee's class paraded through the halls and everyone cheered, clapped, and high-fived them!  I wish I could have been there to see it!  It still makes me cry just thinking about how awesome it must have been.  The kids at KayCee's school are such an awesome group of kids!  They are so tolerant and loving of the special needs kids!

KayCee's school were the first ones to come in and they brought the flags.  Then each school would line up and cheer on the other schools as they came running in with their banners!

Then they did the pledge of allegiance and the national anthem. 
I sure did get choked up during the national anthem. 

There were three events to participate in.

First was the Long Jump, I was trying to take some pictures while we waited, but KayCee was not cooperating! 



KayCee doing the Long Jump!

She took fourth place in her heat!


Next was the Softball Throw.  KayCee started to have a minor meltdown while we waited for her turn, but we quickly remedied that with some cotton candy and a Mountain Dew!


KayCee doing the Softball Throw!

She took second place in the Softball Throw!

The last even was the 50 Yard Dash!  Here is Little Miss KayCee crossing the finish line!

She took fourth place again!

This little girl sure knows how to press buttons, and be naughty, but in the next 30 seconds she melts my heart!  Being her mom is one of my greatest tests in life, and so many times I feel as if I'm failing her, but being hers and Carter's mom, is also the greatest gift I've been given!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

You know you are the bestest mommie for those sweet babies. I will also agree that cotton candy helps most anyone thru a melt down! Sometimes I eat it to Prevent a melt down.

briana said...

i love the new font. looking at the red, white and blue freaks me out and reminds me that the 4th of july is right around the corner which i can't believe.

oh and are you still holding? i came back to 400 emails, i am covering for both joanne and patricia and we are in the middle of performance reviews. i keep waiting for life to slow down...only the more i want it the faster it speeds out of control.

kaycee on the other hand is an angel. i know she tests your patience, but you have the biggest heart, you are so sensitive to her needs and you have BIG love. she is lucky to be with you.

i am thinking of you. sometimes i open my IM just to see if you are idle, away or online. i am laughing right now because my word verification is sista spelled cista!

HAHAHA!

love ya!

me