Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What An Anniversary!

On Sunday we went to my parents' ward for a missionary homecoming. KayCee was not behaving well, so I took her out the foyer and we were sitting on the couch. KayCee is famous for making herself throw-up and she started making these little coughing, gagging noises; I told her to knock it off. Then she proceeds to throw-up ALL OVER me and her, I'm not talking a little bit of puke, either. So we head home for a bath, and in the tub she's acting fine and singing Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam. That night my mom made me birthday dinner, it was so delicous, and we had a very enjoyable evening! The next morning, KayCee feels kind of warm, but I think everyone feels warm, so I sent her to school. About 10:30 her school called me and said she was laying on the floor crying, and would I please come get her. I went and bought a thermometer (I know, bad mom, why didn't I have one already?), and she had a fever of 101.3! We spent the day in the recliner snuggling.

Tuesday was mine and Drew's 9th wedding anniversary. We had a babysitter all lined up, so that we could go out to dinner. KayCee spent the day with Grandpa Scott, since she still had a fever, when I went to pick her up after work, she was still burning up, and now had a sore on her tongue. The last time she had a sore on her tongue it was strep. So, I cancelled the babysitter, and headed for the Urgent Care Center. After I got home, Drew went and got us Chinese food. The kids went to bed kind of early, and we ate dinner and watched Biggest Loser and Law and Order:SVU, it ended up being not too bad of a day, even if we didn't get to go out. Love you, babe!

3 comments:

Buck and Julie said...

You are a great MOM!!! Happy belated Anniversary and a very Happy B-day today!!!

*Amy* said...

I hope KayCee is feeling better. Happy Anniversary!

Devri said...

Happy Aniversary... Hope she is feeling better..