Wednesday, January 28, 2009

From Christmas until Now!

Time sure has been flying by at the Garvoille household, there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. I can't believe Christmas was over a month ago, and it's taken me this long to update my blog. We had a very nice Christmas. Last spring KayCee dumped some purple medicine all over my living room carpet, down the hall, and all over my kitchen linoleum. My homeowner's insurance paid to replace it, and my mom and dad paid our deductible as our Christmas present, so Drew and I enjoyed our Christmas present for quite a few months before Christmas was even here. On Christmas Eve we always stay at my parents' house; since I'm an only child, and Carter and KayCee are the only grandchildren, they are spoiled rotten! We had a very nice Christmas Eve dinner, we opened our pajamas, baked some sugar cookies for Santa, and then it was off to bed. Drew had to work at Little Caesar's that night, but he was home by about 9:00.

All snuggly in our PJ's!


Santa brought Carter some little race cars. One is Jimmie Johnson and the other is Dale Earnhardt Jr. Carter kept insisting that the Jr. one must be for Drew, because Carter only likes Jimmie Johnson.


I love the look on KayCee's face in this picture, and the wild hair!


Grandma and Grandpa gave Carter a Nintendo DS.


KayCee got a Kid Tough DVD Player. She also got dvds of her two favorite shows, Curious George, and Jon and Kate Plus Eight. Those are pretty much the ONLY shows she will ever sit still to watch!


The kids got to play with their new toys all afternoon, and then we got ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa Garvoille's. KayCee did not want to cooperate in getting her picture taken.



We had a very nice Christmas Break, Drew and I were both off from the 24th to the 29th. We took the kids to see Bedtime Stories the day after Christmas, what a cute show, and KayCee even sat still during the entire movie!

New Year's Day we went to Ken Garff and bought a new car. It's a 2006, dark blue, Jeep Liberty Sport. I love it! I'll have to post some pictures, but we haven't taken any, yet.

A couple of weeks ago we found out that KayCee possibly has Pervasive Developmental Disorder, which is a form of autism. She goes in for some more testing tomorrow. I'm very anxious to get the results and get her started on whatever form of treatment she needs; possibly medication, definitely therapy. We're not sure if she'll be going to a regular Kindergarten class in the fall.

Also, the last week in December our ward was split. So as of the first of the year we've been in a new ward. It's been quite the adjustment. I was totally devastated at first because I have some really great friends in our other ward, and I loved my calling and the Primary kids. I still don't have a calling in the new ward, so I get to go to Relief Society for the first time in about five years (I think I'd rather be in Primary...lol).

So, we're finally starting to get back to normal, now that there's no more holidays, 5-day work and school and weeks, a car to drive, etc. We're really looking forward to 2009 and what it brings! Even though I'm late in saying this, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

2 comments:

Brenda said...

What fun holidays...and hello...new carpet AND a new car? And you say the kids are spoiled! :)

*Amy* said...

I'm glad your holidays were fun! I hope everything goes well with KayCee. I'll be thinking of you guys!